The Methodology of Loyola Convent School:
- Direct Instruction: Teacher explains or demonstrates.
- Drill and Practice: Repetition to hone a skill or memorize information.
- Lecture: Teacher provides information to students in a one-way verbal presentation.
- Question and Answer: Requires reflection as information is exchanged in response to a question.
- Discussion: An exchange of opinions and perspectives.
- Mental Modeling: Assists students in managing their own learning by modeling a problem-solving technique.
- Discovery Learning: Uses students’ personal experiences as the foundation for building concepts.
- Inquiry: Allows students to generate the questions that they will then investigate and answer.